Submissions Master and PhD Awards 2020
As measures taken globally by authorities to slow the spread of the corona virus will continue, we had to cancel this year’s BME Day. The next BME Day will take place on May 7, 2021.
We are very pleased to announce that we will still honor our best Master and PhD theses 2019 / 2020. We thank Swiss Engineering and the CCMT for their generosity!
The deadline for submissions has been extended to September 13, 2020. To be considered, the thesis must have been successfully completed between March 2019 and April 15, 2020. Like in previous years, three excellent students will receive one of the following awards:
- Master’s Thesis (basic science): This award acknowledges a master's thesis having a basic science nature.
- Master’s Thesis (innovation): This award honors a master's thesis which has a more applied or technologically innovative nature.
- PhD Award: This award will go to the best PhD thesis.
Alumni, students, lecturers, and supervisors are encouraged to send submissions. Please submit the following documents to Julia Spyra:
- student’s CV
- one-page summary of the work
- complete thesis (pdf document)
- letter of recommendation written by the supervisor (highlights the novel aspects of the work and reasons for promoting it)
- type of award: basic science or innovation (only for master's theses submissions)
The final selection will be made by a committee led by Professor Philippe Büchler which consists of members of the Biomedical Engineering faculty and the industry. We will organize an awards ceremony in October 2020 in honor of the awardees.
BME Day Awardees 2019. From left to right: Jan Stapelfeldt (Swiss Engineering Award for the best master's thesis – innovation), Michael Rebsamen (Swiss Engineering Award for the best master's thesis – basic science), Stergios Christodoulidis (CCMT Award for the best PhD thesis), Mareike Apelt (BME Club Award for the best poster), Vikas Mathew (BME Club Award for the best master’s thesis abstract)